Friday, June 26, 2009

alcohol + animators = hilarity


(I am so not happy with this drawing.)

I'm not much of a drinker, but I'm a huge draw-er (social or otherwise), and when I heard about this great animation jam event going on downtown I had to get in on the party (and of course invite everyone on my facebook friendslist who might remotely be interested). It was great hanging out and drawing with people I haven't seen in a while, and animating pretty much straight ahead on index cards within ten minutes was definitely something new and exciting -- and a whole lot of fun. I had a great time and I hope to show up at the next one!

The zombie sketch wall is a thing of great beauty, I'm glad there are pictures of it up!

my friends and I randomly decided to do our own really ghetto ani-jam while we were waiting around for people. I'll eventually put it together just to see what it looks like. (probably like crap, but oh well.)

preview:


I put up some drawings from the event, too. :) there were some great ones we found lying around and decided to just take home, heh. I would have run off with the bikinizombie wall if I could have.

4 comments:

Brian "Beard" said...

Definitely an awesome night. Did you see on the actual Drinking and Drawing page theres a picture of all of us!

http://drinkinganddrawing.org/page/2

good times :)

Shelley said...

yes I did notice that yesterday it's awesome!! was wondering if I should steal and post on facebook or on here, hahah. can't wait for the next one!

Jane Wu said...

Haha, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Shelley said...

hi jane! :o yes it was. did you see they just posted the animation on the official site?! :D